Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Dream Wedding Reception

After having the wedding in Italy, I would feel obligated to have a wedding reception locally for all my friends and family to attend. My dream would be to have a traditional reception with a gothic theme. I would like a completely different atmosphere. Plus Victorian/Gothic themes are unusual and unique.


I would like to have the reception in the fall, outside – probably in early October, so it is not cold outside yet. It would be outdoors, under a large tent, with large hall beside it, just in case the weather istoo bad outside. It would be also by a man-made lake/pond or a cemetery. The color scheme I would be purple, black and white. I would not wear the wedding dress, but rather a reception dress.

The dress would be dark purple with black lace and a white ribbon . Similar to the dress seem below. Only I would have the top be a corset type, and the bottom, more flowing.



The flowers would be white lilies, dark purple orchids and black feathers. These would be place on every table and around the tent. The tables would be rectangular and seat 6 persons comfortably. I would want mirror table top and gothic style candles to keep the mood lighting into the night. The menu would consist of authentic Thai, Italian, or Caribbean foods. A waiter would take your order and serve it to you. I would like guests to have the experience of fine wines and high class liquors.
.

The wedding cake would be of the modern style, with a white cake, with black patterns, on the edges. Also garnished with dark purple orchid flowers. It would be very similar to the picture.

http://pinterest.com/pin/172755335677393420/
http://fuckyeahdamask.tumblr.com/



There would a live band that can play both classical and modern music. Each guest would receive a martini glass with a candle inside, gift wrapped in clear paper with blank lace, and tied with a purple bow. I would want people to remember the experience of this reception. 


1 comment: